السَّلامُ عَلَيْكُم ورَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكاتُه
Every gulp of air that goes out in a cause other than the cause of ALLÂH ﷻ will turn to sorrow and regret on the Day of Judgement.
Imām Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله
WHY I WRITE
I write for accountability.
I write for transparency.
I write for clarity.
I write to hold myself accountable for what I’ve learned and continue to learn to ensure I’m embedding and embodying my words, and I only share and disseminate what I DO الْحَمْدُ لله.
Knowledge without Action is Arrogance.
Imām Ash-Shāf’i رحمه الله
My words are reflections of my deeds, experiences, learning and self-growth and my writings (including this website and other works) evolve as I evolve إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَٰه.
As an insatiable bibliophile, autodidact and active learner, – I’m an online learning addict especially as I’m incredibly introverted – and due to my ongoing eclectic experience, I amalgamate all that I’ve learned – and continue to learn – into the writings and works I do and will do إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَٰه.
I‘m ALL about perpetual growth, doing meaningful work, being the work and being open, receptive and embracing in ear, mind and heart for:
- the unpredictable, unknown and uncertain: elements of surprise that make life exciting and the unexpected make us stronger;
- tests, signs and life lessons: our mere existence is a test, everything and everyone are signs, and lessons are all around us yearning to be learned and loved – guiding us back into clarity, balance and alignment;
- trusting transitions: when genuine growth transpires, in the (uncomfortable) stillness and quiet, realigning us back to the whisperings of our heart, granting us permission to dissolve, release and let go of the unwanted, welcoming a breathing space to reawaken, reset and restore for what is to be – where patience is progress and the process;
- inner fears: terrifying, nerve-racking, harsh but kind and unremitting loving reminders nudging us to awaken and listen to our inner voice to introspect and reflect so we can flow with our feelings to level up with mindful momentum – a reality-check from the heart;
- challenges: enable us to grow, enhancing and honing our character, increasing our resilience – if we so choose;
- changes: keep us flexible and adaptable to limitless choices to improve organically and energetically;
- choice: empower us to take complete control of, and full responsibility for, our lives by being pragmatic, proactive and proficient to live with conscientiousness, consciousness and creativity.
I’m an incessant clarity questioner and seeker obsessed with etymology and epistemology and have a deep fascination with behaviour, body language and intonations, character growth, energy, mindset and perceptions, perspicacity and perspicuity, resilience and prevention, and word and life choices.
I don’t conform or abide by customs, culture, tradition or systems without thought and understanding. I have no problems with them per se, but adopting or following anything or anyone without thought is beyond me and a bore.
Writing is one way I process, declutter, clarify and simplify all the above and more allowing me to better breathe, learn, grow and realign.
I inhale ideas and learnings and exhale words, writing with my heart and editing with my mind, getting my works critiqued by those who know how to do so constructively, intelligently and objectively so I continue to improve.
I continuously “practise” self-awareness by being cognisant of how I spend my time, health, energy, earnings and gained knowledge – and writing is no exception to this.
I‘ll be held accountable for my writings after returning to Allâh ﷻ, an even more potent reason to align with what I share so I live, breathe and resonate my words in energy, heart, mind, body and character for transparency and clarity in deed إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَٰه.
♡ كَبُرَ مَقْتًا عِندَ اللَّهِ أَن تَقُولُوا مَا لَا تَفْعَلُونَ ♡
♡ Great is the hatred in the sight of Allâh that you say what you do not do ♡
These are snippets of what you’ll glimpse in my writings إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَٰه and I pray YOU find the traces of my heart and mind beneficial even a wee bit إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَٰه (*^_^*).
جزاكم اللهُ خيرا